You can use the built-in tools, Adobe Acrobat, or other online PDF editors to edit PDF files on Mac and Windows by following our straightforward follow-along instructions. Performing menial activities like updating a PDF document lacks much lustre. But you are unable to function without them.
The process of editing PDF documents can be tedious. It’s definitely more complicated than modifying a Word document. The problem is that many guides on how to alter PDF files exist. But this one differs from the others in this way.
How to Edit PDF File
Using Adobe Acrobat
Using the proprietary Adobe Acrobat program is one of the most well-liked approaches to doing so. Windows and Mac computers may both use the application.
- Launch Adobe Reader
- Choose “File.” Click “Open” in the drop-down menu.
- Click Open after selecting the required document.
- “Edit PDF” is accessible by clicking on the right toolbar.
- Place your pointer over the text you want to change to begin. At the top of the right-hand toolbar are a tonne of “Format” options for you to choose from.
- Put the cursor on the target image if you want to edit it. To modify, use the “Objects” options.
Using Online Tools
Using Adobe Acrobat to edit a PDF file may be pricey. Especially if it is an isolated incident. You can modify PDF files for free using a tonne of internet tools.
Edit PDF on a Mac
You can always use Adobe Acrobat as mentioned above if you’re using a Mac. Alternately, you can make advantage of the Mac’s natively built-in features. Here is a how to do this:
- By double-clicking the PDF file, it can be seen.
- All of the text in the document should be highlighted and copied.
- Command, Shift, and 4 are held down. By doing this, you can extract a document’s image.
- To fit the frame of the image you wish to remove, click and drag the pointer. Now let go.
- Ensure that you have saved the photos to your desktop.
- Copy the content, then paste it into a new document in the Pages app.
- The text should be edited to make room for your photographs.
- Drag your saved photographs from the desktop into the Pages document. Be sure to incorporate them as necessary. Now save the file.
Edit PDF with Windows
Unlike Macs, your Windows computer cannot extract photos. However, there is a simple method to follow. Convert the PDF file to Word, then edit it just like any other Word document. Easy-peasy! You can use Adobe Acrobat or an online PDF to Word converter.
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat application.
- Press File > Open.
- Choose the PDF file.
- Click Export PDF in the toolbar to the right of the document once it has opened.
- Click Export after selecting “Microsoft Word.”
- You now have a word document that can be edited.
- Make the necessary changes, then save it as a PDF.