While there is no way to completely hide iPhone apps, you can make them more difficult to find. Hiding apps will also free up space on your home screen, so you won’t have to see seldom-used apps. Here are several methods for concealing apps on the home screen of your iPhone, Siri’s suggestions, and your App Store purchase history.
How to Hide iPhone Apps Using Folders
Go to your iPhone’s Home Screen and tap and hold any app to hide it. Then go to Edit Home Screen and drag the application to another application. For create a new folder window, open the folder and drag the app you wish to hide to the right.
- Navigate to the iPhone’s Home screen. On older iPhones, press the Home button at the bottom of the screen to accomplish this. On an iPhone X or later, you can swipe up from the bottom of the display.
- Then, tap and hold any application. When a pop-up menu appears, you can release your grip.
- Select Edit Home Screen next.
- Then, tap and hold the app while dragging it atop another app. This will create a new folder containing the two apps on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
- Open the folder next. Simply tap the new folder on your home screen to proceed.
- Then, dragging the application to the right will create a new folder window. You can accomplish this by dragging the application to the folder’s right edge. This will open a new folder window in which you can hide the application.
- Lastly, tap any empty space on the screen and tap Done. This will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen.
How to Hide Apps Utilizing the App Library
To hide apps using the App Library on your iPhone, Go to the Home Screen and click and hold the app. select Remove App from the menu that appears. Tap Remove from Home Screen to remove the app from your App Library.
- Navigate to the iPhone’s Home screen.
- Click and hold the app you wish to conceal.
- Next, tap Uninstall App.
- Tap Remove from Home Screen to conclude. It will remove your app, but you can still find it by swiping left on the home screen to access the App Library. Now you can use search bar at the top of the App Library screen to locate any hidden applications.
To return an app to the Home Screen, tap and hold it, then select Add to Home Screen. Additionally, you can tap and hold an app in the search results and drag it to the Home Screen at any time.
Note: All apps on your iPhone will appear in the App Library, so you can only hide an app to this extent. Moving an app to the App Library is a excellent way to conceal it, you can make it even more difficult to locate by removing it from the iPhone’s search results. This is how:
How to Hide iPhone Apps from Search Results
To hide apps from the search results on your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search. Then, scroll down and tap the app’s name to disable Show in Search. You can also disable all other settings to prevent the app from appearing on your phone.
If you are hiding an app from search results, you may also want to disable the app’s notifications. This is how:
How to Disable Notifications on an iPhone Application
To disable app notifications on an iPhone, navigate to Settings > Notifications. Then, scroll down and tap the app’s toggle next to Allow Notifications. When the slider is grey, the function has been deactivated.
How to Remove Applications from Your App Store History
To remove an application from your App Store history, launch the App Store on your iPhone and select the Today tab. Then, in the upper-right corner, select your profile icon and then select Purchased. Swipe left on an app, then tap Hide, followed by Done.
- Launch the App Store application on your iPhone. This application has a blue “A” icon.
- Tap your profile icon next. This will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen. Go to the Today tab in the bottom-left corner of your screen if you do not see it.
- Next, select Purchased. If there are multiple users on your iPhone, you must also select your account.
- Swipe left on the app, then tap Hide.
- Finally, select the Done button. This will appear in the upper-right corner of the screen.