Notification is an essential function of the iPhone. Abandoning promotional in-app and SMS messages is critical to obtain fast updates from your bank and office via applications. Suppose you have a scheduled meeting but have not gotten a reminder on your phone. Worst of all, your credit card was used without your phone notifying you. In both cases, timely communication can alter the entire equation.
After installing the iOS 16 update, several iPhone users have claimed that their notifications no longer function or are no longer accessible. In addition, the issue affects users of multiple iPhone models, including the iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, and iPhone 8.
Those affected report not receiving notifications from WhatsApp, Facebook, and other applications.
Don’t be concerned if the iOS 16 notification does not function on your iPhone. Instead, simply implement the simple solutions outlined in this essay.
16 Solutions to Fix iOS 16 Notification Issues on Your iPhone
Notification Summary and Focus facilitate our daily life. However, for various reasons, not everyone fully benefits from these settings. And if you’re one of them and your iPhone’s notifications aren’t working, take these steps to fix iOS 16 notifications that aren’t working:
Solution 1: Remove Focus from Your iPhone
Whether you’re watching Netflix, working, relaxing, or sleeping, this feature will help you concentrate on the task at hand. If you aren’t receiving notifications after the iOS 16 update, Focus may be to blame. Before we perform any damage control, let’s switch off Focus and see if the notifications start.
- Tap the Focus symbol located on the lock screen.
- Turn off the current Focus state.
Focus Mode can also be disabled via Control Center or Settings Focus. After turning off the Focus, request that friends and relatives send you a text message or email to determine if the iOS 16 notification issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Include Exclusions in Focus
When creating a Focus, you must establish exceptions for contacts and programs that may disturb you. And certainly, that configuration is imperfect; let’s improve it.
- Select Focus within Focus Settings.
- Tap People – To add contacts from whom you’d like to receive calls, touch Allowed Notifications or tap Calls From and choose everyone. Apps – Include permitted apps and activate Time-sensitive notifications.
Solution 3: Deactivate Share Access Devices
Focus may be activated across all Apple ecosystems, which is one of its many wonderful benefits. However, what if you want Focus on your Mac or iPad but not your iPhone?
In this scenario, you can take the following actions to fix the malfunctioning iOS 16 notification:
- Navigate to Focus Settings.
- Turn off Share Across Devices by deselecting the corresponding radio button.
Solution 4: Deactivate Notification Summary
Notification Summary only allows time-sensitive alerts to pass through to avoid disruption. Non-urgent notifications are automatically muted and displayed at a later time. And, despite not being designed for it, somehow, all notifications are disabled. So let’s see what happens if we disable it.
- Select Settings > Notifications from the menu.
- Select Scheduled Summary.
- Toggle the switch corresponding to Scheduled Summary off.
Solution 5: Examine Each App’s Notification Settings
When the issue is app-specific, such as when you are not receiving alerts from a specific app, you must examine each program individually to resolve the iOS 16 notification issue:
- Go to the Settings menu and then scroll down to the application.
- Choose Notifications
- Ensure that the Allow Notifications switch is activated.
- Select either Immediate Delivery or Scheduled Summary next.
- If the Scheduled Summary option is not displayed, it has been disabled. Consequently, you can advance to the subsequent stage.
Solution 6: Disable Airplane Mode
In aeroplane mode, you are unable to connect to the internet, make or receive calls or texts, or receive notifications. You can disable it via the Control Center.
To deactivate the aircraft:
- Tap the Airplane icon by bringing down the Control Center from the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Enable it for one minute before disabling it if it is currently disabled.
- Determine whether the issue has been resolved.
Solution 7: Restart Your iOS Device
If you have tried every possible alternative and the notifications are still not displaying, there may be a software issue. The issue may have been caused by a momentary bug or system errors.
You should try resetting your phone to see if it would offer you success. To restart your iPhone, hold down the side button and one of the volume buttons until the power slider shows. Then, after moving the slider to the right, wait for the device to restart.
Solution 8: Check Sound Settings
If you do not hear the notification sound when an iPhone notification occurs, check the sound settings. Initially, navigate to Sounds & Haptics within the Settings app. Then, set the alert volume to its maximum level and modify the default alert sound for notifications.
Solution 9: Disable the Focus Mode Automatic
Now that the Focus mode has been disabled and you will receive SMS notifications, you can relax. However, your gadget was silent for several hours not because of your fame, but because the Focus is automatically enabled.
Hmm! Therefore, let’s fix this as well.
- Select Focus after navigating to Settings > Focus.
- Under Turn On Automatically, select Smart Automation, time, location, or place (depending upon automation previously set).
- Toggle off the automation.
Note: Focus settings may also be accessible from the Lock Screen or Control Panel by clicking on the Focus symbol three-dot icon adjacent to the Focus Settings.
Solution 10: Turn off Attention Aware alerts
This is an alternative approach for obtaining iPhone notification alerts. Before dimming the screen’s brightness, expanding a notification while the phone is locked, or reducing the volume of some notifications, the Attention Aware Alerts feature determines if the user is paying attention. Here is what you ought to do:
- Go to Face ID and Passcode in the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Enter your passcode.
- Scroll down until the Attention Aware Alerts option is visible. Tap it to turn it off.
Solution 11: Always Unable to Display Previews
Yet another workaround that has helped numerous iOS 16 notification-less users. If notifications on your iOS 16 device are not functioning, you may have inadvertently disabled Always Show Previews in the Settings app. Notification previews are brief alerts from applications that appear on the iPhone’s display.
Navigate to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews to test this. It should always be marked with a checkmark.
Solution 12: Unblock an Individual or group
If you block someone on your phone, you will no longer receive text messages from them. To unblock a person from your contact list, follow these steps:
- Select Messages from the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap Messages.
- Select the Blocked Contacts option.
- Swipe left on a blocked entry and tap Unblock.
- Verify whether any of your discussions have Hide Alerts enabled. To select a discussion in the Messages list, tap and hold it. Verify that the Hide Alerts switch is activated.
Solution 13: Check Your Apple Watch Settings for Notifications
If you have an Apple Watch, you may receive text message notifications on that device instead.
When you open your iPhone, alerts are displayed here instead of on your watch. When you wear an unlocked Apple Watch while your iPhone is locked or asleep, you will receive notifications on your wrist. They will not activate the iPhone’s display or play music.
By following these steps, you can stop app notifications for Apple Watch if you prefer to get them solely on your iPhone.
- Launch the Watch application and select Notifications from My Watch. Choose Messages.
- Uncheck the box next to Mirror on my iPhone.
Solution 14: Verify Whether You Are Blocking Unknown Senders
iOS 16 may filter unrecognized and spam texts automatically. In rare instances, you may therefore miss notifications for emails containing the OTP or other crucial information. You can disable this feature by navigating to Settings > Messages > Unknown & Spam. Toggle off the Filter Unknown Senders setting.
Solution 15: Update Your iOS
Apple may have a problem that prevents the iPhone from getting text notifications. Such evident issues are typically remedied swiftly by the organization. In this situation, you can resolve the iOS 16 notifications not working issue by updating your device’s firmware. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to accomplish this.
Solution 16: Reset All Settings
In addition to a hard restart, resetting all settings is a common troubleshooting technique. This option is available anytime an unusual or common issue emerges. This may also be applicable to the notification problem.
- Tap the Settings app, then tap General.
- Tap the button labeled Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Reset.
- Confirm your selection by tapping Reset All Settings. This should resolve the iOS 16 notification issue once completed.
Let’s resolve the iOS 16 Notification Problem!
If your iOS 16 device fails to get text notifications, you may be confused. Follow the steps outlined above to resolve the issue quickly. We are convinced that it will prevent you from having to visit the Apple Store.