How to Fix Phasmophobia Stuck at 90% Loading Screen Error: As the global popularity of multiplayer games has increased, many game developers have focused on the Action and Adventure genres. Battle Royale games like PubG have received a great deal of attention, which is why Kinetic Games has released the multiplayer horror game Phasmophobia. This game has been re-released as an early access game, which means specific bugs are being fixed as players around the world report them.
The Phasmophobia bug on the loading screen prevents you from even playing the game. This issue can be resolved by attempting the aforementioned solutions. Therefore, let’s examine simple solutions for fixing Phasmophobia errors.
The Causes of Phasmophobia Stuck at 90% Loading Errors.
Before proceeding, let’s examine the primary causes of the Phasmophobia loading errors on your screen. This will assist you in optimizing your computer for the game.
- System Requirements: If you’re running Phasmophobia on a low-powered computer, check the game’s minimum system requirements. Additionally, ensure that your system meets the game’s system requirements.
- Outdated Graphics Drivers: If you run the game with outdated video card drivers, the game will not support you and you will be unable to connect to the gaming server.
- Missing or Corrupted Game Files: During installation, some of the game’s files become corrupted or missing, preventing the game from running and causing this error upon launch.
- Corrupted Saved Game Files: This Phasmophobia may be stuck due to a problem with the game’s saved game files.
- Administrator Privilege Is Missing: Certain games require administrator privilege to launch properly; therefore, grant the game and Steam administrator privileges so that no other applications or services can interfere with their operations.
- Network Issues: A misconfigured network or a problem with the internet router can cause numerous issues, including the issue at hand. In addition to this issue, the unstable or poor internet connection causes problems when launching or attempting to run the game.
Seven Methods to Phobia Loading Screen Stuck at 90 Percent
Are you an avid gamer? Then Phasmophobia must be on your bucket list. However, this new game has some issues that are frequently discussed on gaming forums.
The Phasmophobia stuck at 90% loading screen error has been reported by numerous players. So, based on our research and the opinions of expert game analysts, the following solutions can easily fix the Phasmophobia loading error at 90%:
Method 1: Ensure Your Device’s Compatible
You are using a computer that is incapable of running games like Phasmophobia, which is one of the primary causes of random PC freezes during gaming. In addition, if you want an immersive gaming experience, ensure that your PC meets the game’s specifications. Ensure that your device meets the following requirements:
- Operating system: 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590/AMD FX 8350
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 290 or NVIDIA GTX 970
- HDD Storage: 13GB
If, after meeting the system requirements, the game remains stuck on the loading screen, you should try the next solution.
Method 2: Upgrade Your Video Card Drivers
Frequently, outdated graphics drivers are the cause of a Phasmophobia screen stuck at 90% loading. Consequently, it is essential to keep them up-to-date, as they are required for running games like Phasmophobia on Windows. The following outlines how to update your graphics drivers:
Way 1: Use Device Manager (Manually)
NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD release driver updates frequently. Consider manually updating drivers using an in-built tool such as Device Manager if you are familiar with computer specifications and knowledge. It performs a comprehensive scan, identifies drivers from trustworthy sources, and downloads them with a few clicks. You must select either Automatically search for drivers or Browse my computer for drivers. Assuming you chose the first option, you would double-click the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Way 2: Employing Driver Easy (Automatically)
Driver Easy can fix the error if you lack the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update your drivers.
Driver Easy will detect your system and find the correct drivers. You do not need to be aware of your computer’s operating system or run the risk of downloading and installing the wrong driver. Also, you need not worry about making an error during installation.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Launch Driver Easy and choose Scan Now. Then, Driver Easy will scan your computer for faulty drivers.
Click Update All to download and install the correct version of all missing or outdated drivers on your system.
Method 3: Verify the Game File’s Integrity
It is recommended that you verify the integrity of the game files when you encounter game bugs, such as the Phasmophobia loading screen becoming stuck. It can help you determine whether or not the integrity of your game files has been compromised. If not, it will restore any corrupted or missing files. Here’s how to proceed:
- First, launch the Steam client. Next, select Properties from the menu by right-clicking Phasmophobia in the LIBRARY section.
- On the LOCAL FILES tab, click the “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…” button.
- Steam will then verify the game’s files, which could take several minutes. After the installation is complete, launch your game to see if it works. If not, move on to the subsequent repair.
Method 4: Execute Steam as Administrator
If nothing else worked and your game continues to freeze, granting Steam administrator privileges may help. By granting Steam administrative privileges, you are removing obstacles that could impede gameplay. Follow the below instructions to run Steam as Administrator:
- Right-click the Steam icon on your desktop and navigate to the location of the open file.
- Repeatedly right-click the Steam file and choose Properties.
- From the compatibility tab, select the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Select Apply, followed by OK.
Check to see if your PC randomly freezes during gameplay; if so, continue with another potential workaround for Phasmophobia loading screen issues.
Method 5: Deleting the Game File
If your game’s files are corrupt, the loading screen may become unresponsive. Sometimes deleting the files will solve the issue:
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Enter %appdata%LocalLowKinetic GamesPhasmophobia on the keyboard.
- Locate the saveData.txt file and delete it.
- Restart Phasmophobia to see if the issue has been resolved.
Method 6: Resetting Your Network
A problem with the network connection may cause the game to become stuck at the 90 percent loading screen. Resetting network settings is one of the recommended troubleshooting steps. Network reset is a function that resets all network-related features and configurations to their default values. To rectify the issue, you must reset the network.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Type network reset into the Search bar, then click Network reset from the list of results.
- Click Reset now.
- Choose Yes.
After restarting your computer, the issue should be resolved.
Method 7: Uninstall Phasmophobia and reinstall it
Consider uninstalling and reinstalling Phasmophobia if the aforementioned solutions do not work. Nonetheless, this will reverse your progress.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type %appdata%LocalLowKinetic Games in the search box and press Enter. Everything in the folder titled “Kinetic Games” must be deleted.
- Start the Steam client. In the LIBRARY section, right-click on Phasmophobia and select Manage > Uninstall. When a confirmation window appears, click the Uninstall button.
After uninstalling your game, restart your computer and reinstall it through Steam.
We sincerely hope you were able to resolve the Phasmophobia loading screen stuck at 90% issue. All of the aforementioned solutions are straightforward and derived from reputable game forums. Therefore, ensure that you examine them one by one. Contact the Phasmophobia game support centre and submit a ticket describing the error if you are unable to resolve the issue.