One of the most popular social media platforms on the planet is Snapchat. You are able to send your friends quick photos, texts, and videos. The most peculiar Snapchat feature is the conversation option. All of your snaps, texts, and videos will be instantly deleted when the sender reads the messages and exits the conversation. The messages will be deleted after 30 days regardless of whether you view them or not. This is why Snapchat is primarily used for instant messaging. Your Snapchat messages can still be recovered, and we’ll discuss the process in detail.
One of the most popular social media networks on the planet is Snapchat. You can quickly message, snap, and share movies to your friends. The most peculiar Snapchat feature is the chat function. All of your texts, movies, and snaps will be instantly destroyed when the sender receives the messages and leaves the conversation. The messages will be deleted after 30 days, regardless of whether you view them or not. This is why Snapchat is primarily used for instant messaging. Your Snapchat messages can still be recovered, and we’ll discuss the process in detail.
How to Save Snapchat Messages
- Tap and hold the message on the chat screen once it has been sent.
- Four options will be presented in a pop-up window. Choose the Save in Chat option to save the message.
- After being saved, the message will be highlighted with a grey background.
- Tap and hold a saved message in Saved Chats to erase it. Select Unsave in Chat.
Recover Messages on Android
- Any Android File Manager app from a third party can be downloaded from the Play Store. The top alternatives include File Expert and Astro File Manager.
- In the file management application, select the Android folder.
- Find and open the com.snapchat.android folder.
- Locate the name’s corresponding file or folder.
Go to nomedia and rename the file or folder to anything you want to make it accessible to other programs. This is the simplest way to retrieve or restore Snapchat messages from Android smartphones. There is no method to retrieve Snapchat messages on iPhones or iPads using File Manager programs. These nomedia files can be accessed in any format on iOS. You must jailbreak your iPhone or iOS device to recover the messages.
How to Change Time on Snapchat Messages
- Click your friend’s profile icon in the top left corner of the chat screen.
- Your friend’s profile page will now appear. Now click the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Select 24 Hours after Viewing from the drop-down menu and select Delete Chats from the check menu.
Use the above tricks and strategies to retrieve your Snapchat messages. Avoid using how to see Snapchat history if you must send a crucial message. Use another form of communication instead, such as Mail or Whatsapp. On those platforms, message recovery is simple. If you know of any more persons who can retrieve Snapchat messages, do let us know in the comments area below. For the most recent articles, follow Businesscrunch on Facebook and Twitter.