There are several techniques you might use if you want to track an Android phone from an Apple iPhone. You can use Google Maps’ location-sharing feature or the Android Find My Device page. Additionally, there are third-party programs like WhatsApp or mSpy that can be helpful for tracking Android devices.
When you’re using different operating systems, it can be challenging to find out how to locate a misplaced Android phone or monitor your child’s whereabouts. I only had an outdated iPhone device at home when I misplaced my Android mobile. So I started researching ways to trace an Android phone.
This is amongst the best spots to be if you’re trying to figure out how to track an Android phone from an iPhone. You can get all the answers you need in this simple tutorial. Let’s begin straight away.
Can an iPhone user track an Android device they have targeted?
You might believe there isn’t much you can do if all you have is an iPhone and you need to figure out how to locate a misplaced Android phone. Luckily, there are a number of excellent techniques you may use to track an Android phone’s position.
How Can I Track My Apple iPhone Using My Android Phone?
There are four options available to you if you wish to employ location tracking to locate a target Android smartphone that may be misplaced or belong to someone for whom you are accountable.
Making use of Find My Device
The Find My iPhone software functions fine between iPhone devices, but it should go without saying that it doesn’t extend its location tracking to Android smartphones.
Find My Device, a native app for Android accomplishes the same task. Although there is a mobile app for this feature, Android devices are the only ones that support it.
The good news is that you can use it from a web browser as well, making it useful for both Android and iOS users.
The steps listed below can be used to track an Android phone from an Apple iPhone using Find My Device:
- Launch Safari or another browser on your iPhone.
- Type the URL google.com/android/find into the address bar.
- From this page, you must sign in with the active Google account that is associated with the Android device you’re looking for. After entering your Gmail address, click “Next.”
- Next, input the account’s password and click “Next.”
- If you successfully log in, you will be taken to the Find My Smartphone interface where you may view the details of your Android device. This information contains the location, IMEI number, model name, battery life, and current network and signal strength of the device.
- The majority of the screen will be taken up by a map interface. Tap the tiny phone-containing location marker.
- This will either open a new window or, if you have Google Maps installed on your iPhone, Google Maps will begin. This will display the target device’s current position along with its coordinates.
- The map will use both your present location and the location of the Android phone to show you how to travel to where your Android device is by pressing the “Directions” button.
This approach is fantastic since it provides you with a tonne of additional functions that can be helpful if an Android smartphone is lost or stolen.
For example, you can remotely delete the Android phone, make the phone produce a sound that will help you find it in a room, or lock the phone so that no one can use it if they find it.
This approach does have one significant drawback, though. In order to locate the target device, its location must first be activated on the device.
Using Google Maps’ Location Sharing feature
You may share your location with a contact using a really unique function in the Google Maps app.
In this manner, all they have to do to find your location is open Google Maps. No need for anything, not even a GPS tracking app! You’ll find it quite helpful because it also allows you to track an Android phone from an iPhone.
To track a target device using this software, follow these steps:
- Google Maps must be downloaded on your Apple iPhone. To do that, click this.
- After the application has finished installing, run it.
- Give the app permission to access your location.
- Now that the application is installed on your Apple iPhone, it’s time to start sharing the target device’s location. Open the Android Maps app and make sure the Android device you wish to track is with you.
- Tap the upper-right corner of the profile picture.
- Choose “Location Sharing”
- Select “New Share.”
- You can now specify how long you want the other person to have access to the place.
- You have two options: choose the person from your contacts or send them a link. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you use a link, people can only see where you are for up to 24 hours.
Use of WhatsApp
With nearly two billion active users each month, WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging service in the world. It includes a tonne of fascinating capabilities, including as a GPS tracker function that not many people are aware of.
Even if they have an Android phone, you may find someone if you have them in your WhatsApp contacts.
- Open WhatsApp on the target smartphone in step 1. (that is, the Android phone).
- Start talking to the iPhone user with whom you want to share the location tracking capability.
- To access more media-sharing options, tap the paperclip icon in the bottom right corner.
- Choose “Location” from the list of choices.
- If a popup displays, select “Share live location” and then click “Continue.”
- After that, an Android phone can disclose your location for up to 8 hours at a time.
The main drawback of this approach is how little time you have to let someone know where you are. However, if both parties have WhatsApp and tracking is not required for more than 8 hours, it is convenient.
An Android phone can be tracked using the third-party GPS tracking program mSpy, which is accessible for iPhones. This is the greatest GPS tracking program I’ve used, and it also has some really amazing parental control options.
To use mSpy to track an Android phone from an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open a browser on your iPhone and go to the mSpy website to register for an account.
- Log in to your account on the mSpy website after creating one.
- Verify that you are in possession of the target phone, and then follow the on-screen instructions. For instance, the manufacturer, the operating system (Android in this case), and more
- Once everything is finished, you must download the software to your child’s Android phone. The browser will be used for this, not the Play Store.
I’m done now! Once you’re finished, you may easily track the target phone using your iPhone.
The only thing about mSpy to keep in mind is that it is not a free program. If you want to utilize the GPS tracker and other features on this site, you must pay.
Making use of Family Locator
Due to its availability on both Android and iOS devices, the Family Locator software gives you a simple way to track an Android phone from an iPhone.
The Family Locator software is absurdly easy to use. You may use it to track the gadgets in your household by simply following the steps below.
- On the Android phone that you want to trace, install Family Locator. Install it on an iPhone by downloading it from the App Store as well.
- Next, launch the app on each device and register an account.
- After finishing this, make a Circle on your iPhone.
- Distribute the invitation code to all other devices running the app.
- You can track an Android phone from an iPhone once they open the link and join the circle.
There are several ways to track a child’s Android phone from an Apple device or find a misplaced Android phone. Because Android users don’t need to set it up beforehand, Find My Handset is the best option if the device has gone missing. Even remotely ringing an Android phone is possible with it.
However, if all you need to do is track Android phones, you may utilize tracking applications like mSpy, as well as WhatsApp and Google Maps, which allow you to follow a device’s location as long as they are set up in advance. If you need to monitor where your child travels, this is fantastic.
Check out the articles that are relevant to this one for additional advice.